Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Banana bread




It's my little ones favorite. BANANA. It may be the fruit itself, make it a bread or even a yogurt. To please him with something to eat,you can never go wrong with banana flavor. The all time favorite:) It's actually difficult for me to have stocks of ripe bananas. At home, these are consumed right away. You can now imagine how we love bananas. What i usually do, is freeze the ripe banana until I could accumulate 4 pieces of it. As soon as I have four, I can bake banana bread right away. This recipe calls for 1 teaspoon baking soda, unfortunately I don't have any so I substituted it with 3 teaspoon of baking powder. And it still turned out great. Here's the recipe.

1 cup ripe bananas (usually 4 pcs medium size)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 pcs eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 tsp baking powder

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius. Mix all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar,salt,and baking powder. If everything is thoroughly mixed, then combine the rest of the ingredients, the bananas,vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix everything together, I used electric mixer until batter is formed. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for an hour. Let it cool and grab a slice. Enjoy!

3 comments:

jannett said...

im trying to make one now.... i have ripe bananas available

jannett said...

were having the same instincts...

Yeshel said...

LOOKS YUMMY,WILL TRY YOUR RECIPE.GOD BLESS,Tremendously ! JIA