Monday, June 22, 2009

shrimp in oyster sauce




My Tuesdays and Thursdays are my quick cooking lunch days. Good if I have cooked a dish the night before then all I need to do is reheating the food. My language classes starts at 9 in the morning and finishes at 11 A.M. It's not quite late though, but the walking from school to our flat is around 30 minutes, so when I reach home it's almost time for lunch. In few minutes, my little boy will be complaining and surely would be asking for his lunch, and in a little while again, my hubby will then come home for lunch. Surely, it's one of my hectic mornings, my afternoons will be more of the daily chores which I consider light for there's no pressure to be doing it at once is needed. So here is one of the quick dishes I cooked.


500 g. frozen shrimp
1 tsbp. sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tsp. soysauce
1 tsp. butter
garlic powder
1 tbsp. basil
salt

It's very rare that you can see a fresh sea food in the area, so almost always when we crave for sea foods, the frozen ones are our refuge. So here it goes, thaw the shrimp first, then coat with butter, basil,garlic powder and salt, then set aside. Prepare the sauce, just combine the sweet chili sauce,oyster sauce and soysauce, heat and set aside. Sautee the coated shrimp until cooked. Place the cooked shrimp on a plate then pour the sauce. So quick, yet good enough to fill our lunch. Serve it immediately with rice and your favorite side dish or salad.


5 comments:

Dhemz said...

oh my..am drooling...may natira paba Mami Ann? sarap naman nito...kami din ni hubby mahilig sa shrimp...lalo na yung medyo malaki laki...hehehhe...:)

juliana said...

looks delicious! I love shrimp. any way it's prepared, it's yummy.

Ms. Journ said...

Sis, i love this! Gambas! Favorite ko talaga ito. Pag going me ng resto ay naku yan talaga order ko. Hahahah! Nagutom na tuloy ako!

Michelle said...

Yummy. Looks just delicious. What a great recipe and easy too. Thanks for your sweet comment regarding my pictures. Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs
Michelle

Casey said...

Very simple recipe, looks delicious, very suitable for me (non professional chief) to cook for my family members to try it