Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring flowers

 
It's almost been a month since Spring has sprung. As spring comes, so the flowers. The feeling is so overwhelming to see a colored picture of landscape after a long winter. I think this is the loveliest season of the year. The weather is warm but not irritatingly hot, full of colors,misty morning, cool wind and bits of sunshine. With all these beauty in sight, it made me think how beautiful it would be in the Paradise. Spring flowers could perhaps depend on where you are geographically. The famous I guess, are the tulips. Oh! it made me think of Netherlands. I really wanted to be in land full of tulips. I've never been to, so maybe that's one of my wish list this Spring or next spring time. As I browse for some news in DW  ( Deutsche Welle) I saw the article featuring the Garden Paradise in Schwerin (Northern Germany). It looks so beautiful. With all kinds of ravishing flowers on display, I feel like I wanna go there now. 

In the area where I live in the common flower in sight are the dandelions, Loewenzahn in german,meaning lion's tooth, these are the small white and the yellow ones.  The self pollinating variety,I guess. What spring flowers are common in your area? 'would love to hear=)

I wasn't able to take some nice photo of it, but I think this one below will do.

6 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

My lawn is filled with dandelions. Do you have flower gardens around your house or apartment building?

BeadedTail said...

I bet the tulips in the Netherlands would be so beautiful to see! What's blooming in our yard now, besides dandelions, are rhododendrons and lilacs which smell wonderful!

Joe-ann said...

Secondary roads,

we don't have our own garden, I wish we have=) but the apartment building where we live in has a big lawn and they always keep it green as possible.

Beadedtail,

yeah,it must be so lovely to see.i love lilacs too and its wonderful scent carries quite a distance.

Marlene said...

Guten Aben, Joe-Ann. Spring is my favorite season but I'm allergic to pollen. It's always fascinating to see flowers in bloom. And tulips are just wonderful. :-)

sundcarrie said...

I have a garden with roses and other flowers but in my yard there are dandelions and violets (I think that is what you call them)

dessy said...

never seen spring... :(
I'd love to travel to a 4-season country some time to enjoy the blooms...